Wednesday, June 8, 2011

For Starters

Welcome!

I've created this blog to share with you my findings on the internets regarding model railroading and what keeps me busy in this hobby. Next to that, it'll provide a great way for me to improve on my writing and keep my fingers snappy on the keyboard.The contents of this blog can vary a lot, I can tell you that. Most will probably be on model railroading: the introduction of interesting websites, other blogs and ideas, but also my own adventures in the model railroad world.

The idea from sharing links to other interesting websites came from the JNS forum where I'm a member of. There, I like to share links with a little personal review attached to it. However, these topics tend to die off and threaten to drown in the depths of the forum, so I've decided to have some sort of gathering place for these links and more. The first few posts will thus include reposts from the forum with more elaborate reviews of the links. In the future I'll of course try to find other websites and blogs which inspire. Most of these will probably be focussed on small layouts in Japanese style (because that's what I fancy most), but of course there will be a broader perspective, since the world is larger than that.

My own findings and whereabouts in the model train business will also be posted, but probably at a more slow pace, as I'm moving back from Germany to my parents' in the Netherlands in a few weeks. There I'm not sure if I can start directly on a new project, as I don't intend to stay long at my parents'. But maybe, a little module can be started. Hell, I don't know. We'll see about that then.

Next to the updates on model railroading, I'll also upload other relevant works of me, such as illustrations/sketches, photographs of my travels (present and past) and so on. Also, I'll try to do updates on some favourite beers and my opinion on it on every post, as this is also a personal passion.

Ah, I almost forgot that I will also post updates on the manga 'Laser Train' here when it goes on-line on the renewed CheeseCake! Studio website at the end of August. Hence, the title of this blog... It'll be a surprise for all who don't know about it I think... :) All I can say is that it involves trains, the cosmos and a crazy future.

So, what can be expected on this blog:
- Introduction of this blog's cute mascot;
- Reposts of previously found links from JNS forum and a few unpublished personal bookmarks;
- A few older pictures of already abolished layouts/modules;
- Beer;
- Laser Trains.

I hope you'll find these prospects worthy enough to return in the future!

Have a good one and CHEERS!

Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment