Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Laser-chan is here!

As some of you may have noticed: the blog has new colours (yes, pink bitches), I changed the font from Helvetica to Arial (a bit easier on the eye) and a mascot! Now, I don't know how I should call her. Maybe Laser-chan is a good name. Cheezy and all, but that's what I'm about and don't you forget that!

Maybe you think it's character design is 'moe', but that was unintentional. So sorry to break your hopes and dreams. It's actually based on someone I love and know very well, and she's as tough as steel. Really, I'm not kidding! Besides, the design is also based on older comics and manga, like NaNa by Takahiro Tsunabuchi and Pokémon Adventures/Special by Mato and Satoshi Yamamoto.

In the future I think I will change the background and maybe make the colours match that as well, but for now, I think this design will do just fine. This will probably be in a few months, as then (end of August) the manga/comic Laser Train will have its début. That will be on this blog and on the then renewed CheeseCake! Studio website.

If you're interested in a preview of Laser Train, please drop off a comment and I could give a few pages to look at what it's all about. What I can tell you for now that it's a crazy story about a young man, dreaming of becoming a space train driver. Together with his mates he sets off into a future unknown to fantastic places, sometimes depressing, most of the time just random craziness. It's a story a good friend and me made up while downing lots of Schultenbräu (extremely cheap beer, but very nice in taste, basic and honest ingredients and it doesn't give you a big hangover) and listening to Spacesynth. Especially this song (Jabdah - Koto) was a huge inspiration for us. Actually, the new title banner contains the lyrics to this song! They make no sense whatsoever and that is the beauty of this song.

Ah, and let's not forget the beer! Beer is always relevant to this blog and every post, so here's another review of one of the wondrous early inventions of mankind!

----

Beer of the post: Das Helle, Schwabenbräu (Pilsner);
Place of consumption: my room;
 
The description on the label markets the beer as an every day drink with a full taste. Well, they've got that right! It's a bit heavy on the tongue -hence the full flavour- and somewhat numbs the tongue as well. I don't know how and why, but it gives off a strange, yet nice tingly feeling. Normally I don't have that reaction with beer, but this one is an exception. It's a special beer. The taste is really special at that as well! It's exceptionally smooth and lightly sweet. A middle-of-the-road taste, but not so very boring. It is maybe comparable to popular the Belgian brand Palm, though I'm not a big fan of that one. I prefer other (cheaper) brands over that one.

So, it's a good beer to drink for the taste and one can drink it in larger amounts as well. However, the taste is a bit too bland for my liking, but if you ever come across it, give it a try! I think it will even taste better if drafted freshly. It's one of those beers you need to drink when it's warm outside, in the sun and with a few friends. It's at its best when it's ice cold and fresh. Next to that: it has a swing top opening! So, it gives off a nice 'boom' (or 'pop' if you do it wrong and the beer is a tad old) sound, which is always a plus. :)

Cheers!

Toni

2 comments:

  1. XD Laser-chan looks exactly like who I think she should look like! Nice one!
    Also can't wait to read the début of LASER TRAIN~

    Kind regards :P
    jwz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laser Train will change the future of the past of the best with a blast!

    Regards were kindly taken :3
    iwz

    ReplyDelete